This week was full of lots of surprises for the clowncar. To start with Greg actually had to legitimately work for the first time since September. Yes, he saw his first patients in over 9 months. Apparently, the tax payers demand their investment does what he's paid for, however, it wasn't all work and no play. Greg had his first flight in the F-18 Hornet on a bombing mission down in El Centro, CA. He has officially received his certification as 165 lbs of self-loading backage.
Another surprise were the visitors we had in town. Cousins, Dave and Jen, came to town and met Lily for the first time. She didn't give them the full welcome ceremony as they both left the visit without having been thrown-up on.
Lily is on a new schedule now (mid-day napping) which makes for a very happy baby. After weeks of inconsistency, its nice for her to finally get a routine down and she has stopped being so fussy during the day. Wouldn't it be nice to take a nap every 3 hours?
Auntie Jane and Uncle Brian recently were deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan, respectively. Lily was lucky enough to see them both just a day after her discharge from the hospital. She said that she enjoyed the experience very much and she can't wait to see them in 15 months.
Welcome to our family page! We will be updating it regularly with photos and messages so that everyone can keep track of what the Capra's are up to. After four long weeks of non-stop action, we finally made it to Fresno California. To recap the fun:
1. May 20th: Lily Madeleine Capra was born at the Pensacola Naval Hospital
2. May 29th: Greg graduated from Flight Surgery Training and received his wings.
3. May 31: The Capraclowncar departed Pensacola, Florida heading West beginning the harrowing cross country trip with a newborn and a bunny rabbit.
4. June 2nd: Stopped in San Antonio to visit Great Grandpa and Grandma Timmy
5. June 3rd: Stopped in Fort Stockton and Lily and Leann both got sick
6. June 4th: El Paso, Texas. Fort Bliss Army Hospital. Lily gets her finger fixed in pediatrics.
7. June 6th: Las Vegas. Visiting Mimi and Papa Bear for the first time.
8. June 8th: Fresno. Visiting Aunt Debbie while we wait for the movers to arrive with our belongings.
So after a long week in the car with many ups and downs we are finally here. We are currently unpacking everything and trying to fit it into our new place. taking care of Lily has become a challenge. She is now 10+ pounds and has discovered that screaming usually results in getting her way. But she's also enjoying herself. She plays under her jungle mat and loves her vibrating chair. She loves baths and definitely loves her daddy. We are looking forward to the big 4th of July family reunion at Leann's Aunt's house where the quirky side will re-unite. Until next time......